- A Matrix homeserver that supports application services (e.g. Synapse)
Docker images are hosted on dock.mau.dev
- Create a directory for the bridge and cd into it:
mkdir mautrix-whatsapp && cd mautrix-whatsapp.
N.B. The docker image will
/datadirectory to UID 1337. The commands below mount the working directory as
/data, so make sure you always run them in the correct directory.
- Pull the docker image with
docker pull dock.mau.dev/mautrix/whatsapp:latest.
- Run the container for the first time, so it can create a config file for you:
docker run --rm -v `pwd`:/data:z dock.mau.dev/mautrix/whatsapp:latest
- Update the config to your liking. Don't forget to change the
domainto match those of your server, and add yourself to the
- Generate the appservice registration by running the container again, same command as above.
- Add the path to the registration file (
registration.yamlby default) to your Synapse's
- Restart Synapse to apply changes.
- Run the bridge:
N.B. If using postgres database hosted at localhost/127.0.0.1 (outside the container), then use
docker run --restart unless-stopped -p 29318:29318 -v `pwd`:/data:z dock.mau.dev/mautrix/whatsapp:latest
--network=hostto avoid errors like
dial tcp 127.0.0.1:5432: connect: connection refused
- Pull the new version (setup step 1)
- Start the new version (setup step 7)