- Open a private chat with the bridge bot. Usually
- If the bot doesn't accept the invite, see the troubleshooting page
- Go to "Linked Devices" in the Signal app settings and add a new device.
linkto the bridge bot.
- Scan the QR code the bridge sends you.
This method is strongly discouraged, as it's harder to recover if something goes wrong, and you won't be able to migrate the registration when the bridge is rewritten in Go. If you don't want to use the official signal apps, you could use signal-cli to register and link the bridge to it.
register <phone>to the bridge bot. The phone should be in the international format with no spaces.
- Once you get the SMS verification code, send it to the bridge.
- To be able to participate in v2 groups, set a profile name with
Refer to the signald docs on dealing
with captcha required errors. The bridge supports the same
parameter as signaldctl, but it must be passed before the phone number instead
of after (e.g.
!signal register --captcha signal-recaptcha-v2.03AOLTBLR... +12024561414).
signalcaptcha:// prefix must not be included, but everything after it must be.