- Open a private chat with the bridge bot. Usually
- If the bot doesn't accept the invite, see the troubleshooting page
- Go to "Linked Devices" in the Signal app settings and add a new device.
linkto the bridge bot.
- Scan the QR code the bridge sends you.
register <phone>to the bridge bot. The phone should be in the international format with no spaces.
- Once you get the SMS verification code, send it to the bridge.
- To be able to participate in v2 groups, set a profile name with
Refer to the signald docs on dealing
with captcha required errors. The bridge supports the same
parameter as signaldctl, but it must be passed before the phone number instead
of after (e.g.
!signal register --captcha 03AOLTBLR... +12024561414). The
signalcaptcha:// part must not be included.