Ctrl and Alt are interchangeable in most keybindings, but the other one may not work depending on your terminal emulator.
- Switch rooms: Ctrl + ↑, Ctrl + ↓
- Scroll chat (page): PgUp, PgDown
- Jump to room: Ctrl + K, type part of a room's name, then Tab and Enter to navigate and select room
- Plaintext mode: Ctrl + L
- Newline: Alt + Enter
- Autocompletion: Tab (emojis, usernames, room aliases and commands)
↑ and ↓ can be used at the start and end of the input area to jump to edit the previous or next message respectively.
After using commands that require selecting messages (e.g.
/redact), you can move the selection with ↑ and ↓
confirm with Enter.
- Click to select message (for commands such as
/replythat act on a message)
- Ctrl + click on image to open in your default image viewer (
- Click on a username to insert a mention of that user into the composer