After setting up maubot, you can use the web management interface to make it do things. The default location of the management interface is http://localhost:29316/_matrix/maubot.
Logging into the interface happens with the credentials configured in the
admins section in the config. Note that the
root user can't have a password,
so you must use a different username for logging in.
The first step is to upload a plugin. There's currently no central location to download plugins, but the maubot README has a list of plugins.
Common places to get plugins:
- GitHub releases (assets section), e.g. https://github.com/maubot/echo/releases
- mau.dev CI, e.g. https://mau.dev/maubot/github/-/pipelines
- Cloning the repo and building it yourself:
mbc buildwill package everything properly and output the
- you can also zip it yourself with
zip -9r plugin.mbp *
After you have the
.mbp file, click the
+ button next to the "Plugins"
header and drop your
.mbp file in the upload box.
To create a client, click the
+ button next to the "Clients" header and fill
in the form.
- The homeserver dropdown gets values from the
registration_secretssection, but you can also type a full URL in that box.
- The avatar URL can be left empty, you can upload an image after creating the client.
- Both the display name and avatar URL can be set to
disableif you don't want maubot to change them. If left empty, maubot will remove the displayname and avatar on Matrix.
Instances are how plugins are linked to clients. After you have uploaded a
plugin and created a client, simply click the
+ button next to the "Instances"
header, choose your client and plugin in the relevant dropdowns, invent an
instance ID and click "Create".
You may have to refresh the management UI if the plugin and client you created don't show up in the dropdowns.
If the plugin has any configuration options, the config editor will show up under the created instance.